Gary Orvall Gardner
|Born||February 3, 1946|
|Died||September 20, 2021 (aged 75)|
|Known for||Whistleblower of 1999 Tulia, Texas drug scandal|
Gary Gardner (born Gary Orvall Gardner, February 3, 1946 – September 20, 2021) was a farmer who gained recognition for exposing corruption related to illegal drug arrests in Tulia, Texas. Gardner played a vital role in bringing Officer Tom Coleman to justice. In 1999, Coleman had falsely arrested fifteen percent of the African American population in Tulia for dealing cocaine. Gardiner's testimonials were widely covered by national media outlets such as 60 Minutes, People, and the New York Times.
- "Gary Orvall Gardner (Tulia)". kornerstonefunerals.com. 2021. Retrieved October 9, 2023.
- Bean, Alan (2010). Taking Out the Trash in Tulia, Texas. DeSoto, Texas: Advanced Concept Design. ISBN 978-0-98261-620-8. Retrieved October 9, 2023 – via Google Books.
- Miscarriage of Justice in Tulia Texas USA (Video). New York, New York: 60 Minutes. September 28, 2003. Retrieved October 9, 2023.
- "Tulia: Race, Cocaine, and Corruption in a Small Texas Town". New York Times. November 6, 2005. Retrieved October 9, 2023.
- Crime Stories (Video). New York, New York: A&E Networks – via YouTube.
- Taking Out the Trash in Tulia, Texas (Book). Advanced Concept Design – via Google Books.